The Business Development Representative will support the Sales team by working behind the scenes helping to make the Sales Representatives more productive and close more sales. The role reports to the Business Development Representative Team Leader and this role will expose the person to the inner workings of a sales environment and understanding the building blocks of a successful sales career.
The successful incumbent will have a passion for technology and have a positive ‘can do” attitude. You will possess excellent communication skills, be self-motivated and have good administrative skills.
You will enjoy a target driven role and have an intrinsic sales DNA, qualifying and identifying potential brands.
The ideal candidate is hard-working by nature, determined, persistent and will thrive in an organisation where excellence is the norm. He/she welcomes a tough challenge to do what most people can’t while looking forward to reaping the rewards in a satisfying work environment.
• Ensure leads are validated with key information to help qualify sales meetings using tools such as LinkedIn, Internal CRM systems and lists provided by Marketing.
• Create outbound calling and/or marketing lists utilizing tools that have complete and necessary information to be effective.
• Route information to the appropriate sales professional and ensure accurate follow up.
• Meet company SLAs (service level agreements) for lead cleansing and routing.
• Handle all customer inquiries via live conversations in a timely manner.
• Provide feedback to marketing on quality leads.
Within this corporate IT environment you will be required to have:
• 1-2 years ‘experience in sales, marketing, call center, inside sales or customer service
• IT/ CIS background
• Demonstrated track record in working in sales over the phone
• Ability to work independently and think creatively.
• Strong ability to navigate the internet and leverage systems.
• Intellectual curiosity and a desire to be challenged
• High capacity and ability to thrive in a fast paced sales environment
• Team player who is willing to support multiple Sales Representatives
• Ability to qualify prospects
• Passionate about Technology;
• Able to work collaboratively within a team environment, whilst driving specific objectives individually;
• Driven for success;
• Adaptable and flexible;
• Neat and presentable;