The Software developer will be required to plan, develop, test and implement new innovative software products in a fast paced prototyping development environment.
- Analyse and identify programming solutions for clients
- Design and develop new software applications using best practice methods
- Create and facilitate suitable testing methods for existing software solutions
- Modify and improve existing software systems for optimal efficiency and effectiveness
- Perform Bug Fixing
- Draw up relevant Help Files and User Manuals for programs
- Provide technical support on programs created
- Conduct ongoing research & self-study to keep up to date with new methodologies
- Matric / Grade 12 or equivalent qualification essential; Post Graduate qualification preferable.
- Minimum 2 – 4 years relevant experience in Software Development.
- Java or other programming language essential
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL, database design and best development practices essential
- Experience with MongoDB preferable
- GIT (or similar revision control)
- Linux skills
- Message Queuing technology (Rabbit MQ) essential
- Web service technology (REST) essential
- Play framework, MVC advantageous
- LESS, CoffeeScript experience advantageous
SALARY AND OTHER INFORMATION:
Market related – depending on experience
Only SA citizens based in Cape Town need apply.