This company develops mobile-enabled, cloud-hosted, enterprise software to create productive societies across Africa.
- We are not scared of running cutting edge frameworks and tech stacks.
- Lots of companies get stuck on an older version of Java and Java EE servers, but we embrace new tech/versions.
- We are always considering new platforms and/or frameworks and are not specifically locked into the idea of using Java EE.
- You get the full stack development experience from the frontend all the way to the backend/database.
- You are not limited in your actions, this means if you have to set up a VM to accomplish a task (even if you have never set up one before) then you do it.
- Total ownership of the product and your clients.
- The platform is challenging as working on multi-tenant systems brings with it complex issues, but also creative solutions.
- A senior team that expects self-managing individuals that can hit the ground running.
You will be using the following technology:
- Java EE (Enterprise Edition) 8
- EJB, JMS, JDBC, JNDI
- Glassfish 4.1.1 & 5
- Git & SVN (SVN being phased out)
- PostgreSQL 9.6 (to be upgraded soon)
- 4+ years’ relevant coding experience
- 5+ years’ experience working with SQL databases, ideally PostgreSQL
- Experience in Java EE or Spring
- Tertiary qualifications in information technology would be advantageous
R33 – 70k
- Freedom to work remotely up to 3 days per week (each team decides their days and flexible hours)
- A MacBook
- Unlimited, free filter coffee or your preferred brand of tea or infusion
- Free parking (early birds get the under-cover parking)
- Discounted gym membership of gym next door
- A stunning view of the Stellenbosch mountains from Techno Park
- Access to multiple restaurants and excellent coffee shops within walking distance
Only SA citizens based in Cape Town need apply.