This financial client requires a Java Software Engineer who plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
Understand and Adhere to all Corporate Policies to include but not limited this client’s Code of Ethics and Global Information Security.
Responsible for designing, developing, testing and delivering high quality software/solutions.
Creates and reviews product/project deliverables according to the life cycle methodologies (i.e., impact
assessments, external and internal specifications, manuals, education material, etc.).
Researches and resolves customer reported problems.
Maintains working knowledge of the hardware platform, network and application layers. Manages the
software dependencies for use in implementing proper solutions.
Exhibits good technical and business judgment and thorough understanding of how customers use the
product when dealing with product requirements, complex design issues, and tradeoffs.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent software development experience.
• Core Java development experience.
• Experience in one of the following database platforms: SQL Server / My SQL / DB2 / Oracle.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Superior written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
R300 – R350k
Only SA citizens based in Cape Town need apply.