The Software Development Intern will be required to plan, develop, test and implement new innovative software products in a fast-paced prototyping development environment.
• Analyse and identify programming solutions for clients
• Design and develop new software applications using best practice methods
• Create and facilitate suitable testing methods for existing software solutions
• Modify and improve existing software systems for optimal efficiency and effectiveness
• Perform bug-fixing
• Draw up relevant help files and user manuals for programs
• Provide technical support on programs created
• Conduct ongoing research and self-study to keep up to date with new methodologies
• Grade 12 or equivalent certificate essential
• In the process of obtaining, or recently obtained, a relevant postgraduate qualification
• Working knowledge of a suitable programming language— Java will be advantageous
• Mobile and/or web development will be advantageous
• MySQL (or experience with SQL), database design and best development practices required
• GIT (or similar revision control) will be advantageous
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Deadline-driven and able to work under pressure
• Able to take initiative
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
R10 000 p.m.
Only SA citizens based in Cape Town need apply.