You will be joining a newly created Product team to help maximise the value to the business while also driving innovation and ensuring customers are at the forefront of the process. We are looking for an experienced Product Owner who enjoys a challenge. We offer a fun, dynamic, and diverse work environment.
● Driving product development in line with company’s strategic goals, vision and business architecture.
● Define product roadmap and iterative innovations based on market analysis.
● Work closely with stakeholders from all business areas to build a deep understanding of the product.
● Analyse business needs, document features and translate into product solutions for functional and nonfunctional requirements. Meeting the following criteria:
○ Ease and consistency of use for the customer’s journey
○ Simple, maintainable systems that are fit for purpose (pulled by a real business need),
○ Yet flexible enough to cater for innovation within the domain/ambitions
○ Systems which meet performance and scalability needs of the business
● Conduct requirements workshops and liaise with Business Analysts to create requirements.
● Support the day-to-day needs of the Scrum team in understanding the business requirements and priority.
● Maintaining a prioiritised Product Backlog in order to maximize ROI of the product and development teams.
● Ensuring the teams understand stories or tasks in the backlog to the level required.
● Creating Sprint goals with the Team.
● Collaborate and work closely with the Scrum Master to ensure that Grooming meetings are well structured for the team
● Liaise with the development team for estimation on work.
● Help resolve impediments should they arise.
● Liaise with various industry partners around service integration and product offerings.
● Keeping abreast of market trends and technical advancements that support the Mukuru product vision.
● Work closely with the Scrum Master around team capacity, understanding the team velocity and how this may impact commitment.
● Take ownership of release planning
● An undergraduate degree preferably with an Information Systems focus.
● Experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst.
○ 3 years relevant experience for Junior Product Owner role
○ 5 years relevant experience for Product Owner role
● Previous experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum preferably)
● Ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
● Ability to create feature maps, user stories, activity diagrams and use cases.
● Ability to analyse financial and customer data relevant to the product you own to make informed solution decisions.
● A good understanding of project scoping, project management, prioritisation.
● Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Desired Personal Traits
● A strong personality.
● Able to make informed, decisive decisions in a collaborative environment
● A self-organising attitude and a strong will to get the job done.
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
● Should be a self-starter, quick learner, capable of setting priorities and remain efficient while multi-tasking.
Bonus / Beneficial
● Recognized , product owner, business analysis or information systems qualification.
● Technical background and understanding of system integrations
● Experience in the financial or retail industry.
● Card payments and processing experience.
● Experience dealing with compliance regulations.
Negotiable depending on experience!
Only SA citizens based in Cape Town need apply.