Are you a creative and detail-oriented individual who gets excited about building robust and high-quality products in a dynamic and fast-paced environment? This position offers and excellent opportunity for growth in an environment where you will be exposed to new concepts and technologies whilst taking ownership and applying creative solutions to modern day problems.
- Act as liaison between Management, Sales, Support, Development, and Marketing teams to support product positioning and customer demand as part of new product development.
- Perform market research and usage analysis to understand competitive landscape and define common use cases.
- Definition and ownership of product analytics and metrics to measure product performance and identify areas of improvement.
- Utilise customer feedback and insights to inspire product innovation.
- Write detailed product requirement documents for features planned in the next Product releases.
- Work closely with UX/UI graphic design teams, R&D, and customer-facing groups on requirements, design, development, and review.
- Work closely with marketing for positioning and core messaging.
- Conduct product-focused customer meetings and internal support training.
- Responsible for the delivery of beta releases to key stakeholders to gather valuable feedback and validate design during Product implementation and new feature releases.
- Own and prioritize the product backlog for the team on a daily basis.
- Define acceptance criteria for user stories and features from which the test tasks are derived and understood by the team.
- Own the test plan for features and provide feedback on the testing tasks handled by the QA engineers at the User story level.
- Train the development team on the functional features from a business perspective and get a clear understanding of the logged work, estimation, and monitor overall progress during meetings with the team.
- Identify and manage risks and dependencies.
- Present progress, dependencies, and risks during product meetings.
- Review plans and make sure it fulfills the business need Requirements.
- Monitor and analyze new technologies and inform company of their potential applications to our business. Conduct and lead forward looking research studies.
- Work with Training/Sales team to develop product training plan internally and externally.
- Consult with Support team to ensure appropriate service levels for the product line.
- Act as a product champion within the company.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record.
- 2+ years of growth-focused experience at a consumer technology company.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- People skills: People management is at the heart of every Product Manager role. From ensuring that designers and engineers are working on the highest-priority tasks to keeping secondary stakeholders such as legal, quality, operations, and data teams well aware of product changes.
- An experimentation mindset: In an era of shorter development cycles, better access to data, and “fail fast” company culture, product manager is expected to approach challenges as experiments, with the outcome of each experiment leading to better user experiences.
- An eye for design: As with many product manager functions, incorporating design sense requires a bit of art and science—attention to what the data is saying, but also an eye to what makes sense from a design perspective.
- Data-driven, quick decision making: product manager must be able to make the right decisions in short periods of time.
- User-centricity: to understand the problem that’s being solved—and the product’s users are your best source of information.
- Technical skills: The candidate needn’t necessarily be a software expert, but should have the technical acumen necessary to prioritize projects. A core understanding of product complexity from a code perspective ensures proper team collaboration, respect, and expectations. Maintaining a reliable code base is just as important as shipping new features to customers—and high-quality Product Managers can help to minimize engineering risks.
SALARY AND OTHER INFORMATION:
Negotiable / market related package with share program.
Only SA citizens based in Cape Town need apply.