You will be responsible for the development, integration and maintenance of in-house developed and 3rd party web applications, providing innovative tools to the power user, ensuring a seamless, intuitive hosting experience to their customers.
- Technology to serve operational and client requirements
- Programming, open source Technologies and IT in general
- Optimal systems and simple procedures
- Agile development and a self-organising team environment
- Sharing ideas and innovation
- A high level of proficiency in the following:
- Web development (Ruby, Python or PHP – cross skilling may be required)
- Database design and performance tuning (MySQL or similar)
- Software development within the Linux/Unix environment
- Agile development practices (TDD, refactoring, continuous integration, pair programming)
- Object oriented development
- Linux systems administration skill will be an advantage
- Working with an API
- BSc or BTech majoring in Computer Science will be advantageous, however your ability to demonstrate your in-depth understanding of the web technologies and sound software engineering practices will trump a formal qualification.
Salary highly negotiable depending on experience and skill level.
Only SA citizens based in Cape Town need apply.