This position is a technical pre-sales role supporting the sales activities of their Middle East and Africa sales team. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic professional with in-depth technical abilities as well as a commercial acumen and sales skills. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a background in pre-sales or an experienced IT professional with strong communication skills looking to move out of the back office. Travel 25% to 50%
• Pre-Sales Support.
• Technical Qualification Consulting.
• Training and Developing Partners.
• Product Feed-back.
Technically, you will be well-versed in the nuances of email infrastructure. You will have experience with Microsoft Exchange, and potentially its relevant competitors too. You will understand email protocol, and the infrastructure required to support it. This role will be based in Observatory and will require an individual who is willing to travel domestically, several days per month.
• Sales enablement:
o Position this client’s solutions as business benefit relevant to the audience and/or decision
makers (CIO’s, CTO’s, CISOs, CFO’s, Technical Teams and Sales people)
o Meaningful and impactful Technical and Product demonstrations
o Achieve trusted technical advisor status within all customer engagements (especially with CISO and security teams)
o Identify and mitigate all technical risks associated with implementations to improve sales closure ratios and ensure customer satisfaction;
• Build pre-sales competencies within all of the company and Channel Partner sales teams
• Relationship building and networking
• Superior customer service
• Contribute strategically to the evolution and progression of the Sales Engineering Department within South Africa
• Contribute to Sales Engineering best practice knowledge base
• Contribute to and deepen organizational security knowledge
• Contribute to customer acquisition case studies
• Contribute to product evangelism initiatives
Within this corporate IT environment, you will be required to have:
• Demonstrable relevant experience in a reputable technology vendor or reseller;
• Solid sales enablement experience
• Technical demonstrations and presentations to customers;
• Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in a similar role
o Technical sales support or technical experience preferred
o Ability to communicate technical solutions to a business focused audience effectively.
• Proactive and self sufficient
o Flexible approach and willingness to learn new skills and disciplines
o Experience working with demanding business customers
• Ability to work with and gain input utilizing resources from multiple teams and disciplines
• Experience in dealing with customers within a pre-sales environment
• Experience in consultative selling of complex services
• Industry specific knowledge of security, email infrastructure, email security and cloud-computing;
o Well-versed in Microsoft-based infrastructures;
o Well-versed in security landscape;
o Experience with the design, management and maintenance of typical business email systems, including:
Microsoft Exchange (ideal)
Office 365 (preferably)
Google G-Suite (optional)
• Extensive understanding of email archiving solutions and archiving business drivers
• Understanding of spam, viruses, email security and Internet based threats
• Familiarity with networking and security technologies and services
• Strong security technologies background will be preferable.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• B-Tech: IT or similar
• MCSE, MCITP or equivalent