This client is a leading provider of hosted/cloud telephony, contact centre and related solutions (Analytics, Business Intelligence etc.) and services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
He or she should be able to perform the following activities:
• Establish, develop and maintain close and lasting client relationships within the context of the Company’s accounts and assist them to position itself as not only the preferred supplier but their trusted advisor.
• Engage with customers to understand and explore their high level requirements (business, strategy, challenges, processes, technical, integration etc. and identify opportunities for improvement (on every level) that will deliver business value and not only a technical solution.
• Design or work with specialists in our business (technical, integration, product etc.) to design and cost a solution for the customer that will solve the specific problems and deliver the business value/return.
• Position and demonstrate (proposals, presentations, return on investment calculations etc.) to a customer how the designed solution and its functionalities will deliver the required results.
• Provide thought leadership within the supported industry and/or technologies and identify, research and learn new and upcoming technologies and process skills to deliver business solutions with a ‘test and learn’ approach.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Degree and/or Qualification in Information Technology and/or Technology
Management. Preference will be given to candidates with a B.Eng or equivalent degree.
• At least 5 – 7 years’ relevant professional experience (Pre-Sales, Consulting/Analyst etc.) experience with technical acumen.
• You have proven experience and knowledge with enterprise software solutions and/or contact centre, telephony and/or related technologies.
• You’re a high-energy professional that loves to engage with the customer to drive innovation in their organization.
• You have a thirst for knowledge and love learning new skills, technologies and solving complex problems.
• Demonstrate strong client engagement skills and is a consultative pre-sale and solution focused specialist who has the ability to analyse, develop and recommend long-term strategic plans to ensure solution designs meet current and future requirements.
• Have excellent analytical, problem solving and consulting/communication capabilities and demonstrate the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with customers and team members.
• Must be a good team players and exhibit the required level of management skills required from middle level managers.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
The Senior Business Engineer is a key and strategic role in their business and is a mix of a couple of traditional skills/roles: Excellent Presales, Consultant/Analyst skills with some technical (Solution Architect) and commercial acumen. We sell based on business value and return on investment. We believe the value of technology (business value/return on investment) is unlocked in the way it is implemented and not merely by the technology itself (functionality). It is therefore key to understand the customers’ total requirements thus not only technical (business, processes, technology, integration, reporting requirements, user behavior, strategy, challenges etc.). The Business Engineer therefore needs to be an expert on our solutions, the applications (use cases or problems it can solve) of it, and how that translates into business value for the customer. The Business Engineer therefore plays a key role in our business during all the stages of a customer’s life cycle:
1) Sales – The Business Engineers primary focus is assist our sales team to perform a consultative pre-sales function. The Business Engineer therefore needs to:
a. Effectively engage and communicate with customers and win their trust,
b. Understand and explore their high level requirements (business, strategy,
challenges, processes, technical, integration etc.)
c. Identify opportunities for improvement (on every level)
d. Design or work with specialists in our business (technical, integration, product
etc.) to design and cost a solution for the customer that will solve the specific
problems and deliver the business value/return.
e. Position and demonstrate to a customer how the designed solution and its
functionalities will deliver the required results and thereby win the customers
trust with the understanding of their business, requirements and vision.
2) Installation and Implementation – Because the Business Engineer designed the solution and has intimate knowledge of the customers’ business and requirements the Business Engineer plays a strategic and oversight role albeit not a direct role in Implementations. The Business Engineer provides strategic guidance and handover to the Implementation Team (Business Analysts, Consultants, Technical Team, Integration team, Project Management etc.) to ensure that the requirements (operational and technical) are scoped in detail (Business Analysts and Technical Specialists), delivered and that the delivered solution does not only achieve the technical requirements but more importantly the business requirements (thus provide the business value/return etc. a customer requires to say this is the best investment they have made!).
3) Support – A customer’s long term value from our solutions and to providing fantastic support is critical to our success. The Business Engineer plays a strategic albeit not a direct role in Support. The Business Engineer provides strategic guidance and handover to the Support Team (Service Delivery Manager, Helpdesk, Technical Team etc.) to ensure that the support team not only supports a customer technically but understand their business, strategy, drivers, challenges to inform, guide and improve their support effort.
4) Customer life cycle – Customers business, requirements, challenges, strategy etc. change. The Business Engineer in partnership with the account team is key in our effort to be a customer’s trusted advisor. The Business Engineer plays a strategic and direct role in understand and adapting to change in a customer’s business and driving continues, incremental improvements (business value) from our solutions during the customer life cycle.
R20 – 50 000 p.m. negotiable
Only SA citizens based in Cape Town need apply.