Software Development Manager – Tygervalley
The combined focus of these teams and initiatives is the design, development and customization of internal- and customer facing applications intended to:
- completely automate hosting operations
- provide an integration platform for our application suite, developed in Vancouver, Canada.
The successful candidate will lead cross-functional system architecture development, software system design, and will provide a clear vision towards quality and scalability.
We view the renewal and innovative evolution of these systems as fundamental to our product goals and global market ambitions.
Internal and external stakeholders will be located across time zones and strong stakeholder management skills will therefore be of particular importance in this role.
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth.
- Build a strong leadership team within the department.
- Work closely with product management, guide the teams through priorities including areas of critical innovation, large scaling needs, and elimination of technical debt.
- Help teams focus on timely delivery with an ever increasing quality.
- Manage your own and the team’s availability – given stakeholders across time zones, we sometimes need to join/ host meetings outside typical office hours.
- Provide full-stack leadership to a growing team of engineers within one of our most critical areas. The current technological context includes:
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails, React, token-based authentication, micro-services, Docker, Git, Linux, TDD, BDD.
- Enable engineering oversight to ensure the future platform architecture is sustainable and supports the delivery of customer value.
- Provide rules of engagement and consulting support for non-development teams.
- Bridge the technical and business needs, ensuring alignment.
- Collaborate with the Product Owners to establish mutual platform strategy, identify dependancies and agree priorities.
Who you are
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in pursuit of a mission.
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are good at cutting through noise. You simplify relentlessly and deliver results.
- You have a proven track record of developing and managing world-class software products, using agile development methodologies.
- You are structured and give close attention to details.
- You are persistent and rational in that you put facts above speculation.
- You are familiar with enterprise development approaches.
- Your are familiar with application and deep infrastructure integration.
- You are able to communicate complex concepts in simple, decision-enabling terms.
BSc/MSc/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 10+ years of progressive experience in the services industry or evidence of exceptional ability.
Salary + Benefits – to be discussed
Only SA citizens based in Cape Town need apply.