We are looking for a person who will be comfortable leading a team of developers and testers working on an enterprise PHP codebase. You’ll need to have natural leadership traits and solid team-building and interpersonal capabilities. Strong analytical skills goes without saying and you should have the ability to translate complex requirements into maintainable code that can be adapted to the changing needs of business.
As a successful candidate you will lead a team of senior PHP developers in a flexible, non-corporate, fun environment where job performance is revered.
● Contribute to architectural discussions with architects and lead developers.
● Line manage a team of developers and testers.
● Provide technical guidance to software developers.
● Oversee code reviews to ensure code quality.
● Facilitate KPI reviews of team members.
● Mentor and coach team members in 1-on-1’s.
● Conduct interviews, assess CVs and technical tests.
● Effectively communicate with 3rd parties and when dealing with technical support Queries.
● +5 years experience as a PHP and/or .NET developer.
● +2 years experience leading a team.
● Interest in improving development processes that result in faster development and
higher code quality.
● A natural mentor-leader who knows how to elevate developers’ skills.
● Be able to communicate well, verbally and in writing, with the development team and key
● A team-player attitude, ready to help out colleagues and provide constructive feedback.
● Experience in applying agile methodologies in teams.
● Insight in applying design patterns to complex problems as needed.
● Experience in architecting, developing, testing, deploying systems.
● Solid understanding of integration and web services.
● Proficient on the Linux command line.
● You should have experience in or have a good understanding of caching, revision
control, message queues, issue tracking, monitoring, database transactions, testing.