IT Company, specialising in software solutions to the telecommunications industry, seeks a Tier 1 Support Engineer, situated in Stellenbosch.
• To learn and know their products by heart
• Client support – using best suited electronic means available (ticketing system, monitoring, remote connection, mail, telephone, Skype)
• Capturing, reporting and analyzing of support tickets and problems associated
• Prioritizing tickets and insure frequent updates for / from the client and internal team
• Analyzing symptoms to determine underlying problems
• Resolving issues or escalate to Level 2 Support Engineer, but follow up until resolved
• Troubleshooting front end and back end (SQL as well as other databases)
• Application testing
• Know and adhere to support regulations for each client according to SLA
• Promote and foster good working relationship with direct team, other departments & clients
• Be on duty at all time during your shift as specified. Itemate offers support 24/7 either in the office or on remote standby
• Working shifts from 7 to 4 or 10 to 7
• Be on standby after hours as per roster
• Relevant ICT education (diploma etc) with a database module in the course
• Experience with SQL/Oracle database
• Experience with Linux (specifically Oracle or RedHat)
• All of the above with above average results
• Energetic and self-driven
• Good communication skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Good reporting skills (written and oral)
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to work under pressure & Team player
• Own Transport
Good to have:
• Experience in a 24/7 ICT helpdesk environment, with associated applicable SLAs.
• Experience in the telecommunication environment, in particular related to mobile network operators.
• Interest in the ICT industry and in particular mobile network operators.
• Interest in international affairs
• Willingness to travel
• This position is a support position, therefore: shifts will be rotated between being on support office bound or being on remote standby.
• Must be willing to work from 07:00-16:00 or 10:00-19:00 varying weekly.
• Must be willing to work 1 evening support week per month.
R10 000 p.m. + Medical Aid after probation
Only SA citizens based in Cape Town need apply.