We are seeking an individual to play the leading role in planning, designing, documenting and executing the end-to-end testing and quality assurance of software components, as well as collaborate and align test strategies with various other software applications we support.
• Lead, scope, maintain and coordinate test design, test documentation and test strategies using the business requirements as guiding input.
• Ensure that all software components and code meet business requirements.
• Document and maintain test plan.
• Coordinate quality control and test plan execution during each sprint.
• Strong leadership to software team relating to identifying areas of poor code quality
• Required to lead the Testing effort. Skill to
• introduce and adoption of processes
• streamlining of work
• coordinate work with software team
• can contribute risk and management input during sprint planning.
• Assist the development team throughout the software development life cycle including been able to lead on automated unit testing and test-driven development.
• Strengthen the software delivery process based on agile principles, including Scrum, test-driven development and automated testing
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Informatics, Computer Science (or equivalent), or
• ISTQB Certification.
• Minimum 5 years relevant software testing experience in software teams.
• Experience with Documenting Test Results and using an extensive array of testing tools.
• Experience with MS SQL Server and data access methods, SQL and extensively work done on Database Technologies (MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL) – Including familiarity with Stored Procedures.
• Experience working in Public Health advantageous
• Experience in
o in the health sector in general would be advantageous.
o testing of software in public health advantageous
• Experience with Testing Web Services including XML, JSON, REST, WCF
• Experience working in Agile Scrum Environments and an in depth of understanding of how best to apply Agile Scrum principles in small software team environments.
• Experience using Automated UI Test Tools advantageous.
• Ability to do white-box testing advantageous.
• Experience working in Visual Studio C# .NET advantageous.
• Strong written and verbal communication in English
• A valid driving license and own vehicle would be advantageous
R30 – 45 000 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN EE POSITION!
Only SA citizens based in Cape Town need apply.